Last Updated Nov 29, 2020
By opting in to use Focus, you are hereby agreeing that using or entering our platform means you consent to conduct business electronically with Focus and to engage in health-related activities with health professionals and professional entities affiliated with Focus. You agree that said processes have the same force and effect as your written signature.
You agree and consent to Focus Health affiliates or affiliated professional entities sending you disclosures, messages, notices, and other communications to your designated mobile phone and email account.
What It Is and How We Collect Information
We collect various information from and about users of our website. This includes:
– information that would personally identify you including your name, phone number, email address, country, or any other information shared on the websites that is defined as personal data, personally identifiable information, or personal information;
– information about you individually does not identify you, such as whether you are a current user, your product interests, or information related to your inquiry or request;
– details regarding your internet connection, your equipment to access our Website, and usage details; and/or
– facts related to your medical condition, treatments, physician referrals, prescriptions, and laboratory results, including protected health information (“PHI”) or other health-related information.
We collect this information:
– Straight from you as it is provided.
– Automatically as you go through the website. Automatically collected information includes your web usage details, IP address, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technology.
– From third-party intermediaries, including the physicians, medical professionals, and pharmacies we partner with to offer you services.
Information You Give to Us.
The information we collect via our website or app may include:
– Information that you provide. This includes the information you provide when signing up for our services; when we process or respond to your message or inquiry; and when you provide website feedback.
– Your responses to any questions for research purposes.
– Details of transactions performed through our website and fulfillment of your inquiries or requests.
– Your search queries on our website.
Information We Collect About You:
As with other websites and apps, we may use automatic data collection technologies to gather information about your equipment, browsing, and patterns. This information may include:
– Details about your visit to the website such as traffic data, location, logs, language, date and time stamp, frequency of use, communication data, and the accessed or used resources on our website. It may also include information about your computer, internet connection, IP address, operating system, host domain, and internet browser.
– Details of referring websites. This technology may gather information about your online activity over time, across third-party websites, and other online services for behavioral tracking.
The automatically collected information is statistical data. It may include personal information. We may maintain it or associate it with personal information that you provide or that we receive from third parties. This data is used to improve our website with more personalized service. It allows us to:
– Estimate our general audience size and their usage patterns.
– Store information about your user preferences so that we can customize the website based on your interests.
– Speed up your searches.
– Register that you have returned to the website.
Information We Receive From Other Sources.
If you use other websites that we operate or other services that we provide, we may receive information about you. We work and partner with third parties including physicians, medical professionals, and pharmacies to provide you with services. We also work with subcontractors in technical, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers.
How We Use Your Information
To provide you with this website and services, we may use, compile, analyze, and save your information as follows:
– To carry out and facilitate your health care services by a physician or health care provider. To ensure these providers have the necessary services to support health care operations.
– To communicate with you about the websites, services, or your use of either, and to communicate with you on behalf of physicians or other providers utilizing these services to meet your needs.
– To provide the information you have requested or to respond to your inquiries.
– To provide technical support and improve our website.
– To verify your identity, administer your account, process payments, and fulfill your orders.
– To make sure our website and app content is presented in the best manner for you, your computer, or your mobile phone. This allows you to actively participate in the interactive features of our services and is part of our efforts to keep our website and apps safe and secure.
– To let you know about our products and services and those related to our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies and any of their related businesses and those of our third-party partners.
– To better understand how effective our advertising methods are and to deliver more relevant advertising to you.
– In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, control change, asset transfer, reorganization, or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information related to your relationship with us. This includes personal information that you have provided and information regarding your relationship with us.
– To notify you about website or service changes.
For purpose where consent has been given (where legally required).
– To follow and abide by federal and state laws.
Information We Receive From Other Sources. The information you provide us, that we collect about you, and that we receive from other sources will be combined. The information will be used as set out above.
Disclosure of your Information
We may share user information if it is not personally identifiable without restriction.
– Any member of our group, our subsidiaries, and affiliates, including our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
– To health care providers for the purpose of scheduling appointments or services and sending messages. It may also be shared for treatment, payment, or operations including pharmacy services upon your request.
– To health care organizations, pharmacies, contractors, service providers, and third parties that help support our business or that are used in connection with the administration and support of the services.
– To the third-party service providers for website hosting, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other similar services.
– To any third parties necessary in order to comply with applicable laws.
– To a buyer or successor during a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Focus Health assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a proceeding such as bankruptcy or liquidation in which personal information held by Focus about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
– To fulfill a specific purpose. For example, if you send an email requesting contact with a third party (including a medical professional), we may transmit the contents of your email to the recipient.
– For other purposes as disclosed when the information is provided or with your consent.
Choices for Use and Sharing of Your Information
We try to give you choices about the personal information you provide. We have mechanisms which give you control over your information.
Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can modify your browser so that you refuse all or some cookies or to receive an alert when cookies are sent. If cookies are disabled, some parts of our website may be inaccessible or may not function properly.
Do Not Track. We do not track customers across third party sites and do not respond to “do not track” signals.
Promotional Offers from Focus Health. If you do not want Focus Health to use your contact information to promote our own products or Services, check the appropriate boxes on our data collection forms. You can also ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by contacting us at the address below. If we have sent you a promotional email, send us a response requesting removal from future email distributions.
We do not control how third parties collect or use your information. However, the third parties may provide options so that your information is not collected or used in this way.
You may contact us at the address below—or by emailing email@example.com—to request access to, correct, or delete the personal information you have provided. If we feel a change violates laws or is incorrect, we may not accommodate your request.
Unless otherwise required by law, Focus Health will erase personal information in the following situations:
- when it is no longer necessary for the purpose it was collected or processed
- when you withdraw your consent and lawfulness of processing was based on consent and there are no legal grounds for the processing;
- when you object to the processing and there are no grounds for the processing;
- when such information has been wrongfully or illegally processed; and
- when required to comply with legal obligations.
Unfortunately, the information transmission through the internet is not fully secure. We will do our best to effectively protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted through our website or apps. Transmission is at your own risk.
Focus Health uses third-party analytics to help analyze, monitor, and improve our website and services.
We may also use Google Analytics or analytic software to gather information about the behavior and demographics of visitors to our website. For additional information on Google Analytics, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You may opt out of Google’s collection and processing by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may collect additional information about you from other sources, third-party services, and organizations. The collection of additional information lets us verify the information you provided and improves our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and services.
Focus Health does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party services.
Link To Other Sites
Throughout our website, you may find links to external sites or services. Focus Health does not maintain or operate these sites and therefore, is not responsible for their privacy practices. Consult the respective privacy policies posted on the linked sites and services.
Use By Minors
Our website is directed toward adults and Focus Health does not knowingly collect information or offer services to children under the age of eighteen (18).
Protected Health Information
Your Protected Health Information, or PHI, is your individual and personally identifiable information. This includes your name and address. It also includes information relating to your health, healthcare provision, and healthcare payment. We may collect PHI directly from you or with your consent from other sources as allowed by applicable law, such as from your primary healthcare provider.
We are required by the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) and its amendments to maintain and protect the privacy and security of your PHI. This also includes documenting and reporting improper uses and disclosures to you, the Department of Health and Human Services, and/or the media.
In addition to the providing your healthcare, we may use PHI:
– To answer inquiries, fulfill requests, and send communications.
– To send administrative information to you such as information regarding our services or changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
– As necessary and as permitted under HIPAA to comply with legal processes, to respond to requests from public authorities, to protect our operations, or to protect our rights, privacy, and property and that of others.
– For other purposes that you request and to which you consent.
We may disclose your PHI:
– To third-party providers with whom we have a contract that includes appropriate privacy obligations.
– To third parties, including your primary care physician, in a manner that adheres to your instructions.
– As we believe to be necessary and as permitted under HIPAA in order to comply with legal processes, to respond to public authority requests, to protect our working operations, or to protect our own and others’ rights, privacy, and property.
– For other purposes that you request and to which you consent.
Rights And Responsibilities
Under HIPAA, you have the following rights, with respect to your personal health information (PHI):
– To receive a copy of or to request changes to your medical record
– To find out which disclosures have been made
– To restrict how your PHI is shared, used, or disclosed
– To reasonably confidential communications
– To submit complaints to us.
How To Contact Us
If you wish to exercise your rights as described in this policy, please submit a request to us at:
Focus Health, Inc.