Terms & Conditions
This website is operated by Focus Health and its affiliates. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Focus Health and its affiliates. Focus Health and its affiliates offer this website, including all information, tools, and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
Telehealth involves using some form of electronic communication for improved patient care. It allows healthcare providers in different locations to meet with and share a patient’s medical information.
Telehealth services offered by Focus Health may also include, without limitation, chart review, remote prescribing, medication management, laboratory services, appointment scheduling, sharing of health information (including coordinating care with your other health providers), and non-clinical care and services, such as patient education.
You may be asked to provide information for the following:
- Medication management
- Follow-up care
- Patient education
You may be asked to provide information in any combination of the following formats: (1) personal health records and test results; (2) images and asynchronous communications; (3) real-time two-way video and audio; (4) interactive audio with the ability to store and forward; and (5) output data from medical devices and video and sound files.
We will use electronic communication systems that incorporate network and software security protocols. This is to ensure the confidentiality of our patients’ information and imaging data. The protocols will also include measures to maintain the data’s integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
– Better access to care by allowing you to stay at home while the Focus Health provider consults and obtains test results in a distant/other location.
– More efficient care evaluation and management.
– Obtaining the expert care of a specialist as appropriate.
– Evaluation or treatment delays may occur due to equipment or technology failures.
– In rare cases, a provider may determine the transmitted information to be of inadequate quality. This would necessitate a rescheduled telehealth appointment or a meeting with your local primary care physician.
– In very rare cases, the security protocols could fail. This would create a privacy breach of your personal medical information.
– In rare events, not having access to a patient’s full medical records could result in adverse drug interactions, allergic reactions, or other judgment errors.
By accepting this consent for care via telehealth, you acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following:
- I have carefully read this Consent for Telehealth. I understand the risks and benefits to using telehealth for medical care and treatment as provided to me through the Focus Health platform by the “Providers”.
- I give my informed consent to the use of telehealth by providers affiliated with Focus Health.
- The telehealth encounter comes with a risk of technical failures that is beyond the control of Focus Health. I agree to hold Focus Health harmless for any delays in evaluation or for information that is lost due to technical failures.
Terms & Conditions:
- I understand my Focus Health provider will determine if my specific clinical needs are appropriate for a telehealth appointment. I understand that the Focus Health provider may use his/her professional discretion to determine the suitability of my condition. If he/she determines that my condition is unsuitable for care through telehealth, I may need in-person medical care or treatment from an alternate source.
- I understand that Focus Health will rely on all of the information I provide to Focus Health as accurate and complete. I understand that Focus Health will use the provided information in delivering services to me. I further understand that providing inaccurate information to Focus Health may impact the efficacy of the delivered services.
- I understand Focus Health will provide me with information related to my diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing care. I understand that I must review this information for successful treatment and care. Therefore, I agree to review all such information Focus Health provides to me.
- I understand that health care providers are required by federal and state laws to protect the privacy and security of personal health information. I understand that Focus Health will take steps to ensure my health information is not seen by anyone who should not see it.
I understand that telehealth includes using electronic communication to share my personal medical information with other health practitioners who may be located in other areas, including out-of-state.
- I understand that I may withhold or withdraw my telehealth consent at any time during the course of my care without affecting my right to future care or treatment. I understand that for any reason or for no reason, I may suspend, stop, or terminate my use of telehealth services at any time.
- I understand that my personal healthcare information may be shared with others for scheduling and billing purposes. Individuals other than my Focus Health provider may be present during my consultation in order to operate the telehealth technologies.
I understand that I will be informed if any individuals other than my Focus Health provider will be present during my consultation. In such an event, I will have the right to request any of the following: (1) omission of personally sensitive details of my medical history or examination; (2) asking non-medical personnel to leave the telehealth examination; and/or (3) ending the consultation at any time.
- I understand that I will not be prescribed any narcotics for pain or benzodiazepines. I understand that there is no guarantee that I will be given a prescription at all.
- I understand certain medications may have side effects, and that my provider will review these risks when prescribing medication for me.
- I understand that by participating in a consultation or appointment, I have the right to request a copy of my medical records. Such records can be provided to me at a reasonable cost of preparation, shipping, and delivery.
Understanding The Risks Associated With Your Care
- I understand Focus Health offers telehealth-based services. They are not equipped or able to handle psychiatric or medical emergencies.
If I have an emergency and need an immediate response, I will call 911 or go to my nearest emergency room. I understand that the Focus Health providers cannot connect me directly to any local emergency services.
- I understand that in using this telehealth service, I may receive care for seasonal depression, mild/moderate/severe depression, generalized anxiety disorder, and/or ADHD only. I understand that by using this service I won’t receive any other medical or therapy services that go beyond depression and/or anxiety and/or ADHD. For additional medical or therapy services, I will need to seek other sources or providers.
- Focus Health may work with and have affiliated psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, therapists, social workers, and care managers. These providers are an addition to, and not a replacement for, your primary care physician.
Your local primary care doctor should remain responsible for your overall medical care. If you do not have one, we strongly encourage you to locate one.
- I understand that, if I elect to use services provided by Focus Health, I can request a prescription for different types of antidepressant medication, each of which has different risks of adverse events and different side effects.
I understand that the doctor uses the information I provide to determine if I am a good candidate for a particular antidepressant medication and for the service in general.
I agree to provide honest, complete information. I understand that providing inaccurate or incomplete information puts me at a greater risk of adverse events from taking antidepressant medication.
- I understand that adverse reactions are possible. They may be caused by my other health conditions, allergic reactions, side effects, or drug interactions between the antidepressant medication and other medications, supplements, or other things I’m taking.
- I understand the adverse reactions from antidepressant medication include, but aren’t limited to, increased suicide risk, Serotonin Syndrome, gastrointestinal bleeding, mania, birth defects, angle-closure glaucoma, seizures, hyponatremia, and heart, liver, or kidney issues.
- I understand that if I have any questions relating to my care that aren’t urgent, I can message email@example.com. I understand that Focus Health may not review my messages until the next business day or possibly later.
- I also understand that I should discuss the medication with my pharmacist before I begin taking it.
Stimulant Contract/ADHD Management
This agreement is intended to prevent misunderstandings about medications for ADHD management. This helps you and your psychiatric providers comply with the law regarding controlled pharmaceuticals.
- I understand that this Agreement is an essential part of establishing the trust and confidence necessary for the provider/patient relationship and for the care that my provider undertakes to treat me based on this Agreement.
- I will communicate honestly and fully with my provider about the character and intensity of my ADHD, the effects of ADHD on my daily life, and how well the medicine is helping to relieve the ADHD.
- I understand that if I break this Agreement, my provider will stop prescribing ADHD medication.
- If this happens, my provider will taper off the medication over the period of several days, if needed. A chemical-dependency treatment program also may be recommended.
- I would also be open to other psychiatric treatment, psychotherapy, and/or psychological treatment if my provider feels it is necessary.
- I agree not to use illegal controlled substances. I also will not misuse or self-prescribe/medicate with legal controlled substances. If alcohol is used, it will be minimal, infrequent, and limited to when I am not driving or operating machinery.
Rate Of Use And Refills
- I understand and agree not to share my medication with anyone.
- I agree not to use my medicine at a rate greater than the prescribed rate. I understand that using the medicine at a greater rate than prescribed will result in my being without medication for a period of time.
- I will not attempt to obtain any ADHD medications from any other provider. I understand that my providers can and will check a state database of medication prescriptions. If unusual activity appears, additional prescription medications may be stopped.
- I will protect and keep my ADHD medication safe from loss or theft as they will not be replaced. If medication is damaged, it must be brought into the clinic for replacement.
- I agree that refills of my prescription ADHD medications will be made through the pharmacy, in an appointment with the provider during regular office hours, or via secure message if both the patient and provider agree. Refills will not be available in the evenings or on weekends.
- Refills will be provided no earlier than 5 days before you are scheduled to run out of medication.
- I agree to adhere to these guidelines as they have been fully explained to me.
- I understand that breaking this Agreement will result in my provider stopping these ADHD medicines.